SpinOlution Bee travel spinning wheel
- Folding the Bee Travel wheel
- Bee Travel wheel specification
- Bee wheel Customer comments
- Download the Bee User Guide!
- YouTube movies - how it works
The Bee travel spinning wheel has been designed by SpinOlution to provide the ultimate convenience for spinners who need a completely portable spinning wheel. It is lightweight, very smooth in operation, thanks to its multiple bearings, and simplicity itself to setup and take down.
Open & close the Bee wheel
There are 2 steps to set the SpinOlution Bee travel spinning wheel up, and 2 to put it away.
To open the SpinOlution Bee travel spinning wheel;
- Gently pull on the spring-loaded release knob (the dark brown mahogany knob in the centre of the photo) and lift the spindle assembly support on the left side slightly. Let go of the release knob and continue to lift the spindle arm until the spring catch engages again.
- lower the heel rest
To close the SpinOlution Bee travel spinning wheel;
- Fold up the heel rest
- Pull on the spring-loaded release knob and gently lower the spindle assembly support until the spring catch engages again. Push the catch in if it does not engage immediately.
You do not need to remove your work and you do not need to remove bobbins etc. Just put the folded wheel away in your travel bag until you wish to use it again. Simplicity itself!
Specification of the Bee Travel wheel
Size – open (HxWxD): 30 in X 19 in X 13 in
Size – closed (HxWxD): 12 in X 19 in X 9 in
Orifice Height: 25 in
Weight: about 13 lbs (6 kg)
Open Orifice allowing any size of thread to be spun
Quick Bobbin Release - so that you don’t struggle to change the bobbins
The SpinOlution Bee travel spinning wheel comes assembled, complete with three bobbins, and is made from furniture grade Birch Plywood, for years of dependable use.
The 7 Speed Spindle is provided with ratios from 1:5 to 1:36 so that you can work at your own speed, and the Multiple Bearings allow for smooth and efficient operation. The Heel rests keep the wheel in front of you, not walking across the room and the multiple rubber feet provide good stability.
The SpinOlution Bee travel spinning wheel has a built-in Lazy Kate allowing 2 or 3 plying.
The SpinOlution Bee Lazy Kate is set up very quickly by inserting the 3 supplied metal rods into the matching sockets on the upright spindle arm. These should be removed before the SpinOlution Bee wheel is packed and returned to its bag.